POTENTE, A Professional Law Corporation
LAST UPDATED: December 10, 2015
4. DISCLAIMERS. This Policy does not extend to anything that is inherent in the operation of the Internet, and therefore beyond Company’s control, and is not to be applied in any manner contrary to applicable law or governmental regulation. This online Policy only applies to information collected through this Site. This Policy does not apply to any information we may collect from you in any place other than this Site.
6. NOTICE CONCERNING CHILDREN. We are a general audience site, and do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 13 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a Site user is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account.
7. INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES.
What Basic Information Does the Company Collect? In operating the Site, Company may include registration, online surveys and comments, and other online forms that ask users to provide personal information, including their names, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, and other contact information.
What Additional Information Does Company Collect?
- – Automatic Collection. Our servers automatically recognize visitors’ domain names and IP addresses (the number assigned to computers on the Internet). No personal information about you is revealed in this process. The Site may also gather anonymous “traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer.
– Cookies. From time to time, we may use the standard “cookies” feature of major browser applications, which allows us to store a small piece of data on your computer about your visit to our Site. We do not set any personally identifiable information in cookies, nor do we employ any data capture mechanisms on our Site other than cookies. Cookies help us learn which areas of our Site are useful and which areas need improvement. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience at our Site may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended.
8. USE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION; WHAT DOES COMPANY DO WITH COLLECTED INFORMATION?
Personal Information. We will not share your personal information with any third parties without your consent, except as necessary to provide you with the services offered by Company or to comply with the law. We may use your personal information to verify your identity, to check your qualifications, or to follow up with transactions initiated on the Site. We may also use your contact information to inform you of any changes to the Site, or to send you additional information about Company. If you give your permission, we may share your contact information with our business partners or other companies so that they may send you promotional materials.
Anonymous Information. We use anonymous information to analyze our Site traffic, but we do not examine this information for individually identifying information. In addition, we may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Site, or to display the content according to your preferences. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
Disclosure of Personal Information. We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Company or its affiliates, (2) protect and defend the rights or property of Company or the users of the Site, or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the Site.
Sale of Information. In order to accommodate changes in our business, we may sell portions of our Company or purchase other companies or assets, including the information collected through this Site. If Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer.
Access to Information. Unfortunately, at this time, we do not maintain any procedures for you to review or request changes to the information that we collect about you, except that you may request that we remove all information about you from our database by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
- 9. Opting Out Of Information Sharing. We understand and respect that not all customers may want to allow us to share their information with other select companies. If you do not want us to share your information, please contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below, and we will remove your name from lists we share with other companies as soon as reasonably practicable. When contacting us, please clearly state your request, including your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
However, under the following circumstances, we may still be required to share your personal information:
- – If we respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process, or if we need to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- – If we believe it is necessary to restrict or inhibit any user from using our Site, including, without limitation, by means of “hacking” or defacing any portion thereof.
California’s “Do Not Track” Notice. “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) is a preference you can set in your web browser to let the sites you visit know that you do not want them collecting information about you. For further details regarding DNT, visit donottrack.us.
- 10. SECURITY. The Site has security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you. Please keep in mind, however, that whenever you give out personal information online there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information. While Company strives to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. By using this Site, you expressly acknowledge and agree that we do not guarantee the security of any data provided to or received by us through this Site and that any personal information, general information, or other data or information received from you through the Site is provided to us at your own risk, which you expressly assume.
11. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES. The Site may contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.
12. Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as S.B. 27, allows individual customers who have provided their personal information to us to request information about our disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below. Within thirty (30) days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding year, along with the names and addresses of those third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted in ways other than those specified above.
13. Class Action Waiver. ANY DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEEDINGS, WHETHER IN ARBITRATION OR COURT, WILL BE CONDUCTED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR AS A NAMED OR UNNAMED MEMBER IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL LEGAL ACTION. YOUR ACCESS AND CONTINUED USE OF OUR SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR EXPLICIT CONSENT TO THIS WAIVER.
14. CONTACT US. If you have any questions about this Policy, our practices related to this Site, or if you would like to have us remove your information from our database, please contact us at:
POTENTE, A Professional Law Corporation
Attn: Website Administrator
7924 Ivanhoe Avenue, Suite #2
La Jolla, California 92037